Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Jamie Foxx Show

I thought that it was supposed to be the BET awards with a tribute to Michael Jackson? Damn, I wasted 4 hours for that crap? The whole show seemed like a platform for Jamie to promote his upcoming tour and put his vocals on display. It was so painful to the point of being disrespectful.

Wow, was that the best BET could do for a brilliant icon like Michael Jackson? Did we really need to see Jamie perform 53 times? Are you telling me BET couldn't have had Mariah come through and sing her classic rendition of 'I'll Be There?'

BET fails again. Maybe MTV will pull through in August for the VMA's. The only bright spot of tonight was Janet. She looked angelic and I definitely teared up when she spoke.

*Watch the performances after the jump











2 comments:

  1. This show was a mess altogether with a few exceptions. I think the O Jays tribute was ok especially with JG, TR and Black Ty who can really sing.

    Mariah Carey singing, "I'll be there" would have been perfect along with TROOP singing "All I do". New Edition was ok, but they clearly needed more time to get it together.

    What the hell was Beyaki doing? Is she high?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, lol. Beyawnce put people to sleep. I liked the O'Jays tribute too, plus, Eddie Levert's speech. lol

    ReplyDelete